Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act
The goal of this course is to train the student to identify the origin and goals of EPCRA and recognize the reporting requirements of the four major areas:
• Emergency Planning
• Emergency Release
• MSDS Submissions & Chemical Inventory Reporting
• Toxic Chemical Release Reporting
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
• Emergency and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
• 40 CFR 302.4 – Hazardous Substances
• 40 CFR 355 Appendix A & B – Extremely Hazardous Substances
• 40 CFR 372.65 – Toxic Chemicals
• Identify the origin and goals of the EPCRA regulation.
• Identify the four specific types of chemicals listed in the regulation.
• Identify the emergency planning requirements of Section 302 and 303.
• Identify the emergency release notification requirements of Section 304, including release possibilities at a facility.
• Identify the requirements and exemptions for MSDS submissions in Section 311 and chemical inventory reporting in Section 312, specifically Tier II reporting.
• Identify the requirements of toxic chemical reporting in Section 313