The goal of this course is to provide awareness training to help workers recognize the occupational hazards and health effects of chlorine exposure and the exposure controls.
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
• OSHA Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1000 and Table Z-1: Toxic and Hazardous Substances
• OSHA Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, (g)(2)(X): Hazard Communication
• Hazard Materials Subpart H pg 22; subpart Z Vinyl Chloride pg 46 of OSHA Training 29 CFR 1910.1000, Table Z-1
• OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
• OSHA 29 1910.119, Appendix A
• OSHA 29 1910.1450, Appendix A for Labs
• OSHA 29 1910.261 for Pulp and Paper Mills
• OSHA 29 1926.64, Appendix A for Construction
• Recognize the hazards of chlorine in the workplace.
• Identify the health effects of chlorine exposure.
• Identify exposure controls to protect against chlorine hazards.
• Identify how to respond to a chlorine spill or release.