The learner will identify common terms associated with work on ladders, recognize the hazards inherent with ladder work, and incorporate general safe practices to reduce or eliminate these hazards. The learner will also recognize the fall protection requirements associated with ladder work, and when, as well as how, to inspect ladders.
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
• 29 CFR 1910.25 Portable Wood Ladders
• 29 CFR 1910.26 Portable Metal Ladders
• 29 CFR 1910.27 Fixed Ladders
• 29 CFR 1910.333 Selection and Use of Work Practices
• 29 CFR 1917.118 Fixed Ladders
• 29 CFR 1917.119 Portable Ladders
• 29 CFR 1918.24 Fixed and Portable Ladders
• 29 CFR 1926.1053 Ladders
• Identify the definitions and terms associated with ladder work.
• Recognize common hazards associated with using ladders in the workplace.
• Identify the general requirements for using ladders safely on the job.
• Identify fall prevention requirements for working with ladders.
• Recognize how to inspect ladders before and after use.